Here are ten questions that will help you make that determination!
- Are you open to new technologies that will help you better connect to your customers?
- Have you taken the necessary steps to be EMV complaint by October 1st. 2105?
- Do you collect customer purchase data?
- Do you personalize offerings to customers using their purchase data?
- Do you review your credit card processing costs every year? You understand your rate is not the sole factor when analyzing your total cost.
- Do you review these numbers every month: Year over year sales, gross margin by department, average transaction, number of item per transaction, number of transactions?
- Do you hold a weekly meeting with your staff to review problems that they encountered and discuss best practices to resolve those problems in the future?
- Do you have a social media presence for your business and respond to both positive and negative feedback?
- Do you review your website analytics monthly and explore options for improving your SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Do your review all variable expenses at least twice a year
- Can you name three strengths of your business that distinguish you from your competitors?